Advance voting for the Kansas primary elections began last week and the political advertising battles are in full swing in mailboxes, on TV and in deceitful, newly-created websites of advocacy groups the public has never heard of.
The authentic pro-life candidates have the endorsement of Kansans for Life. Period.
Those who do not, will try to confuse voters.
KEY FACT #1: Pro-life candidates do not merit your support if they do not support reform of the judicial nomination process to the Kansas Supreme Court. The current process is acknowledged as the worst in the nation, with a majority of non-elected attorneys selecting their favorites for the bench.
KEY FACT #2: Kansas courts are wrongly undermining all our hard-fought pro-life laws and supposedly “pro-life” politicians who deny this are either delusional or dishonest.
Right now, the Kansas Supreme Court should be overturning a horrible and ridiculous lower court ruling that dismemberment abortions are protected under the state’s pre-Civil War Constitution.
Instead of promptly denying that there is any state right to abortion, the Supreme Court justices appear to be delaying their ruling until after their November retention elections, and conducting an unprecedented state-wide self-promotion campaign.
Kansans for Life is always upfront about its endorsement policies and all our efforts to describe the pro-life voting records of elected officials. The public trusts our judgment, because KFL:
- has been at the Statehouse for 33 years, accurately monitoring legislative action in committees and working with legislators for passage of excellent pro-life measures.
- puts the pro-life agenda ahead of partisan concerns;
- has a thoughtful and thorough candidate survey and a responsible vetting process;
- is honest in all our communications.
Many former politicians –mostly the kind who bitterly fought pro-life bills in the legislature– miss their political power and are “embarrassed” that Kansas is the nation’s model for pro-life laws.
These ex-politicians (with other self-proclaimed ruling elites) have formed a number of short-lived advocacy groups that spend a lot of money to intentionally confuse the public during the campaign season, with faulty pro-life claims about Kansas House and Senate races.
Certain pro-abortion Republicans have been involved in these shadow groups for many years, although the names of their shadow “coalitions” change. In targeted pro-life areas, these groups use masterfully deceptive media messaging, for example:
- The just-arisen “Kansas Freedom Alliance” artfully cherry-picks some pro-life legislation to support their candidates who oppose the desperately needed court reforms that will actually uphold those pro-life laws.
- The new “Save Kansas Coalition” is allied with new and old groups supported by anti-life forces, like the “Women for Kansas” group that failed to oust Gov. Brownback in 2014.
Every KFL-PAC endorsed candidate is proud of that support, and their names will be found at www.voteprolife.net
To get your personally tailored pro-life ballot for all races, go to www.voteprolife.net.
State Legislative Director of Kansans for Life